This week I am snow skiing with my family in Park City, Utah. My mother joined us so we could all celebrate her birthday. She would be mad at me if I put her age in a public place, but let’s say that she is many, many years wise, and in incredible shape for her age.
Some of the things that I learned from my mother are:
- You can do anything you decide you are going to do with enough tenacity and determination.
- Always put money aside for the unexpected.
- You can usually make do with what you have when you need to.
- Look for the positive in everything; be cheerful.
- Create and embrace your financial journey.
I am blessed that I have lived with these lessons throughout my life. I am still working to master them as well as my mother has. What core lessons do you have from someone who influenced your life, and how can you use one to change your life today to become an empowered woman?