Those of you who have completed my workbook (coming soon to the website!) or taken the Investing 101 class know that there is a focus on gratitude for the financial gifts we have. Even at a time when the stock market has retreated by 40% it is important to look at the remaining 60% and be grateful for the balance. Why? It is impossible to feel negative feelings such as fear and scarcity when you are focused on gratitude. I believe that we get more of what we focus on; therefore it is important to focus on gratitude and abundance. When we do so we are free to see opportunities to invest wisely instead of being stuck in fear of more losses.
This week I saw an incredibly gifted speaker at my son’s school Brene Brown PhD. She is a member of the research staff at the University of Houston and has worked on women’s issues global justice human emotions and relationships for the past 10 years. One of Brene’s major speaking themes was gratitude.
I love it when I see repeated themes in my life. I refer to it as theme of the month with my family and it only happens when I am not so busy that I can pay attention to life. I believe opportunities to grow and evolve come from listening to such themes. Are there any repeating themes in your life during this special holiday season? What are they telling you?
Create Abundance: Invest More Acquire wisely Give often