Once you get clear about what you really want, you’ll be focusing on how to achieve goals so you can make it happen.
This is at the very core of living a rich life. One of the major views at Financial Woman is that financial goals are life goals and life goals are financial goals. Money’s not just about money, it’s about life.
The quote “The unexamined mind is not worth living” by Socrates comes to mind when thinking of why and how to achieve goals. Isn’t goal creation at the core of a joyful and happy life since this is the very last result of what we want to achieve with goals?
Here are 5 simple but powerful steps on how to achieve goals so you can create the life you want with focus and tenacity.
- Get really clear about what you want. It’s amazing how easy it is to go through life without really knowing what you want. You can change your mind later, but, for now, right now, spend 10 minutes journaling what you desire to create in your life.
- Dump all of the expectations of what others think you “should” want. Forget what everyone else wants for you. Let your true and unique desires flow through to you.
- To achieve goals faster, share them someone else. Make sure it’s someone who will support you. You can even create an accountability system with this person.
- Quiet the little voice that says “You can’t have that”, or “that costs too much.” Whose voice is that anyway? Is it your or does it belong to someone else? Who does it belong to? Can you tell that little voice to go take a hike?
- Set yourself up for success by spreading your goals over varying time periods. For example create a 3 month goal that is fairly easy to achieve, and set other goals that are farther into the future. Accomplishing that first goal will set you up for success and give you confidence.
Surely Socrates knew a thing or 2. Since life doesn’t come with a course on how to achieve goals, hopefully these 5 pointers will get you started today. Start now by sharing your first goal in the comments section below!